Curry Chicken Dumplings
250g bamboo leaves(soaked overnight, washed)
2kg glutinous rice(washed, Soak for 4 hrs and drained)
1.5kg coconut Milk
4 tsp salt
8 pcs pandan Leaf
* 2 pieces banana leaves for lining tray
Ingredients C： (Blended)
20 pcs dried Chilli (wash, soak with hot water to soften, drained)
150g shallot (skinned)
50g garlic (skinned)
4 stalk lemon Grass (use only about ½ inch from root portion )
15g kunyit (skinned)
75g lengkuas (skinned)
25g buah keras
Balachan : 15g
3 stalk curry leaves (washed)
1.5kg chicken flesh (skinned removed, diced)
½kg potato (peeled, diced)
225g thick coconut milk
- Divide glutinous rice into 2 portion, spread into 2 tray pre-lined with banana leaf, pour 750g coconut milk into each, mix with 2 tsp salt each, top with 4 pieces of pandan leaves, steam over high flame for 20 min, open wok/pot cover, use a pair of chop stick to loosen glutinous rice, continue to steam for another 20 min, remove and set aside for use later.
- Heat up suitable amount of oil, fry pre-blended Ingredients C and curry leaves till cooked and aromatic.
- Add chicken and potato, fry till half cooked.
- Pour in thick coconut milk, simmer till cooked and gravy absorbed, season to taste, dish up.
- Take 2 pieces of bamboo leaves, fold to form a pyramid shape.
- Put 1 tbsp of glutinous rice into it, dig a hole in the centre, add pre-fried fillings, cover with another tbsp of glutinous rice, wrap up, tighten with nylon string.
- Put into a steamer, steam for 15 min over high flame.
Recipe source: My cookbook